Office Manager/Customer Service Representative
About Electric Laboratories:
We've been in business since 1904 and are the most respected family-owned auto service center in Fresno. "When you can't fix it..take it to Electric Lab". We have a clean, state-of-the-art automotive shop with the latest diagnostic and repair equipment. Duties and
- Processes vendor invoices, ensuring proper approvals and coding are obtained and inputs into QuickBooks on a daily basis
- Assists department managers with any accounts payable questions and vendor issues, as needed
- Completes payment check/ACH runs on schedule and ad-hoc runs as directed by Management
- Maintains vendor records, including obtaining W-9s from new vendors and updating records with tax status and tax ID
- Prepares and remits annual 1099’s
- Prepares and processes daily cash applications by applying receipts to matching invoices and addressing discrepancies as needed
- Process Payroll, Bi-Monthly
- Monitors outstanding accounts receivables and follows up on past due accounts
- Performs all functions of the monthly close of the AR/AP modules in a timely manner
- Assists with external audits, including responding to inquiries
- Help establish and maintain financial policies and procedures
- Maintain electronic and physical filing systems, make recommendations to foster organization and efficient workflow
- Understanding employee benefit programs
- Perform special projects, as needed
- Assist all Co-Workers, Managers, Service Advisors, Vendors, and customers with the information they need promptly and accurately
- Must be cooperative, courteous, helpful, and pleasant to assure efficient and smooth processing of transactions in a non-hostile working environment
- This position requires cash handling skills and along with this position, this individual will receive calls to the store to determine the nature of the caller's business and direct the caller to their destination.
- As the first person customers see, you will be responsible to meet and greet customers promptly in a professional and courteous manner
- Directs customers to the correct department, notifying the appropriate person that a customer is waiting
- Works cooperatively with the service team
- Updates customer records
- Communicates with callers and visitors in a professional, friendly, and efficient manner
- Assists in scheduling and confirming service appointments
- Participates in customer satisfaction process
- Participates in the customer retention process
- Dispatching courtesy drivers to and from customer home/work
- Maintain a clean work environment, keeping register clear for incoming customers
- Respond quickly to internet and phone inquiries using email, scripts, and templates.
- Follow up with leads that are not ready to make an appointment or no-show.
- Thorough working knowledge of QuickBooks, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Excel
- Must have an associate degree in accounting, finance, or business
- At least three years of accounting experience, Automotive accounting preferred
- Well organized, a self-starter, and able to multi-task
- Superior attention to detail working with large volumes of data
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively present information and respond in a courteous and professional manner to questions from managers and outside customers and vendors
- Thorough knowledge of all accounting department functions including accrual accounting, A/R, A/P, bank reconciliation, and collections
- High ethical standards and trustworthiness
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work unsupervised
- Previous customer service experience
- Exceptional positive attitude, especially when working with others
Electric Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to a policy of compliance with all federal, state, and local laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment. No questions included in our application process are intended to secure information to be used for unlawful purposes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Dental insurance, Health insurance, Paid time off, Retirement plan, Vision insurance
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Accounts Receivable: 3 years (Required)
- Accounts Payable: 3 years (Required)
All customers and employees are required to wear a mask.
We have sneeze guards between all employee and customer interaction stations.
We sanitize all surfaces and touch points after every customer's use.